Member of the Alliance
Libby Giles has been active in the promotion and development of global citizenship education over the last ten years in her roles as a secondary school facilitator and teacher, project adviser for the New Zealand Centre for Global Studies (NZCGS) and as president of the New Zealand Association of Philosophy Teachers.
With support from the NZ Commission for UNESCO Libby has recently undertaken a world study tour to look at developments in global citizenship education and build networks of active educators, groups and officials. This Libby continues to work closely with those networks, locally and internationally to enhance global citizenship education, including working with UNESCO Paris and the UNESCO association of schools, ASPnet
Through the NZCGS, she is involved in providing unique student conferencing programmes, academic and in the performing arts. Libby’s first collaboration with the Alliance for Responsible and Sustainable Societies was at Climate Chance a summit for cities and non-state actors, held in Nantes, 26-28 September 2016.
Contributions on the site
- Workshop « Climate Chance » : Lessons in citizenship, preparing young people to carry out their responsibilities in an interdependent world
An educational document
4 analytical papers
- Global Citizenship Education Student Conference & Study Tour
- Global Citizenship Education and Responsibility
- Sharing Civic Experience: NGOs and Global Citizenship Education, in Hsinchu, in Taiwan, 22-25 August 2017
- Networking and Sharing - Global Citizenship Education and Responsibility