New Zealand Centre for Global Studies - Te pokapu Akoranga Aorere o Aotearoa (NZCGS)
New Zealand, nzcgs.org
The NZ Centre for Global Studies is a non-profit organisation (a charitable educational trust) based on Waiheke Island in the Hauraki Gulf, Auckland, New Zealand. The Centre was founded in December 2012 and held its inaugural board meeting/AGM in March 2013. Its 5th board meeting and 3rd AGM is scheduled for March 2015.
The Centre has informal working relationships with universities, research institutes and think tanks in New Zealand and overseas.
The aim of the Centre is to undertake research and policy analysis on issues of global affairs and New Zealand’s role within that. Its work is cross-disciplinary involving, inter alia, international relations, international law and organization, political studies, economics, sociology and behavioural psychology.
The thematic objective is to explore ways in which global problems faced by humanity in the 21st CE may be most effectively addressed and resolved. Thematic areas of focus include sustainability , peace and security, human rights and international law & organisations.
Governance issues include UN-Bretton Woods reform and strengthening in the context of global constitutionalism, political legitimacy, and civil society-government-business interaction.
The Centre undertakes projects in each of the areas of focus, and runs an outreach programme for students (secondary and tertiary), resident scholars, and academic visitors. It convenes conferences, seminars and public meetings, and produces peer-reviewed research reports.
The Centre is governed by a board of trustees and is managed by a secretariat. Its work programme is informed by an international panel of advisory trustees.
- ECOCITY Melbourne, in Australia, 12-14 July 2017
- Educating for Responsibility to Live Well With Each Other and the Earth
- Global Citizenship Education Student Conference & Study Tour
- Global Citizenship Education and Responsibility
- Global studies and the challenge of governance in the 21st Century
- Sharing Civic Experience: NGOs and Global Citizenship Education, in Hsinchu, in Taiwan, 22-25 August 2017
- Networking and Sharing - Global Citizenship Education and Responsibility
- An fruitful debate on Values and Education at the International Islam University of Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur